Fwd: Gary Null's BAI "Investigation"

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Jun 21 21:53:05 PDT 2001

X-From_: efsutton at earthlink.net Thu Jun 21 22:29:27 2001 Mime-Version: 1.0 Date: Thu, 21 Jun 2001 22:25:55 -0400 To: efsutton at earthlink.net From: Eileen Sutton <efsutton at earthlink.net> Subject: Gary Null's BAI "Investigation"

PLEASE POST

It was just announced on WBAI that tomorrow (Friday, 6/22) from 12 noon to 1:00 pm on Gary Null's "Natural Living" program will be the first of a 3-part series on "the situation at WBAI," which means that parts 2 and 3 will be next Mon. and Tues. This appears to be his long-promised "exhaustive investigation" of the situation at WBAI and Pacifica. It can be presumed from his prior on-air attacks on our movement (e.g., calling us a "mob") that this will be anything but a fair and balanced report.

Folks may want to monitor and tape this and contribute suggestions for some sort of written response. One (by no means exclusive) aspect of such a response should be from those of us who are part of the holistic health community, and share many of Gary's premises on health, but totally part company with his position on WBAI/Pacifica.

I think we should plan on an outreach strategy to that community (particularly via relevant list-serves) after our response is written. While I am not volunteering to write this, I would be glad to forward people's suggestions (including my own) and/or writings to any such volunteer who comes forward. Please let me know at <ledererbob at usa.net> if you can work on this. Thanks.

Bob Lederer Co-producer, "Health Action," WBAI (1995-date); co-founder/co-producer, "AIDS: Paths to Self-Empowerment and Living," WBAI (1990-1995) Co-founder/Co-chair, Alternative and Holistic Treatment Committee of ACT UP (AIDS Coalition to Unleash Power), 1988-1992 Co-coordinator (with Kathy Davis), Consumer Coalition for Health Choices/NYC (which lobbied for the Congressional bill restricting FDA attacks on access to herbs and vitamins), 1993-94

Bob Lederer ledererbob at usa.net