China Fascism weeds out the "unfit" from higher education

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 24 13:23:29 PDT 2001

The report is appalling, but one should avoid misusing terms. The Chinese dictatorship is not fascist. It lacks the domination of capital--capital is rising but stringly subordinated, the authoritarian populism, the military aggressiveness, the public commitment to racial superiority, the antomodernist blood-and-oil ideology and antirationalism, and many other attributes of either classical or neo-fascism--the latter being typical of the Latin america of the 1970s, say. We have to apprehend the specifity of the Chinese regime on its own terms. --jks