academic economics

Carrol Cox cbcox at ilstu.edu
Sun Jun 24 16:45:32 PDT 2001

Gordon Fitch wrote:

> If people can't learn what
> they need to know without being subjected to coercion,
> then there is no hope for them,

"If people aren't [such and such], then there is no hope for them."

Gordon, I've always admired most of the things you have to say, but every so often the anarchist claws, the contempt for people who don't fit a preconceived pattern, come out in you as in mosts anarchists I have ever met. It helps me understand Mussolini's political trajectory.

I hope you don't mean this statement, because it is pretty contemptuous, and therefore pretty contemptible.

Carrol