China Fascism weeds out the "unfit" from higher education

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema crdbronx at erols.com
Sun Jun 24 20:37:19 PDT 2001

Actually "blood and soil" (Blut und Scholle in German) is a pair of concepts that looks back to an idealized peasant community. In the US, though "blood and oil" is the reality the idealized object of nostalgia is the independent businessman and small commercial farmer. This is one of the key differences between authoritarianism here and authoritarianism in the form of fascism in Europe a few generations ago. That's also why the connection between authoritarianism and Christianity is closer here, because European fascist authoritarianism looked back to a period when Christianity was less of a mass ideology.

Christopher Rhoades Dÿkema