technical query

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Tue Jun 26 06:06:06 PDT 2001

Technophiles:

Could you help me solve the following problem:

I often get forwarded email, portions of which are missing. I experience a similar problem when I try to forward some emails - when I hit forward or reply button, only portions of the original text are copied to the new missive. I noticed that this problem is limited to formatted email (as opposed to plain text, which i religiously use). What's going on here? Have we again being duped by the compu-business into buying a "newer and better" version of something that looks fancier but in actuality is worse and less reliable than the old version? If so, what is to be done to avoid the above described problem? (clearly using a plain text emailer such as Eudora Light, which I have been using for the past five years and so and have no intention to 'upgrade,' is of little help with forwarding *received* emails).

PS. I hate computers, or rather what has become of them. Stalin's dictum "four walls being three too many" should apply to the computer profession.

wojtek