The Politics of the Disability Rights Movements II

Marta Russell ap888 at lafn.org
Wed Jun 27 10:42:35 PDT 2001

Chuck,

These tidbits on Ed are wonderful!

What I have seen happen is that the chroniclers of the movement have wanted to glorify it, keep it mainstream and "safe" and formulate it in such a way that it elevates certain people and sustains the power elite. Well that has made a few people famous.

Now Zames, I believe, was centered in New York with Disabled in Action. I haven't gotten the book yet and don't know what she has to say about Berkeley. Hey, you may be pissed off by reading that one too. How is your blood pressure these days?

best, Marta