Polish anti-semitism

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Wed Jun 27 09:09:37 PDT 2001

At 12:20 PM 6/27/01 -0400, Gregory wrote:
><< What's really racist is that the skin color of the victims determines
>what
>is a 'holocaust'. Apparenlty, slaughtering Whites qualifies as such, but
>slaughtering Asians does not. This is a specifically US-problem where
>world-wide search for victimhood seems to be favorite passtime >>
>
>Your references and implications simply elude me here. Right now, I see a
>string of three non sequitors.
>
><< other countries simply mourn their own dead ...>>
>
>But what defines "their own"--or even "other countries"--is the crux of the
>problem here, is it not?

That is very simple, indeed. When, say, Israel or Russia commemorate the death of Jews or Russians in WW2 - that seems quite natural, as most societies remebered their own dead since the beginning of history. If, otoh, the US gov't commemorates the death of white non-US citizens in WW2, but says next to nothing about the death of Asian non-US citizens during the same war - that is racism, pure and simple.

wojtek