Fw: Censorship at the National Press Club

/ dave / arouet at winternet.com
Wed Jun 27 11:07:23 PDT 2001

The Press Club can be emailed at info at press.org (though they don't make that terribly obvious on their web page).

--

/ dave /

Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2001 12:55:50 -0500 From: arouet at winternet.com Organization: fnast! To: info at press.org

To Mr. Koonce -

I'm afraid you did the public a disservice and betrayed the precepts of the profession of journalism in your effort to avoid discomfiting Mr. Kissinger after his speech by deliberately dispensing with questions that are profoundly relevant and so *obvious* at the present time as to be absurd in their omission - issues that are absolutely central to Mr. Kissinger's relation to the world at large. I believe your error in judgement will stand out in glaring fashion in due time, and perhaps then you'll come to your senses and realize what a tremendous error in judgement you've made. To be sure, one National Press Club event does not history make or break, and if one were feeling the least bit charitable towards you (if one were, say, your mother or father) one might secretly hope the incident would be quietly consigned to to the endless chain of forgotten events of the past. Unfortunately for you, there is a great deal more at stake here for innumerable citizens of the world who cannot forget their past, a past undoubtedly shaped in no small way by the hand of Mr. Kissinger. You would do well to think of your obligations to them and others like them the next time you're given a similar opportunity.