Tibet

Kevin Robert Dean qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 29 20:47:44 PDT 2001

I have a feeling I'll come to regret asking this question but whats the deal with Tibet? Before Mao, what was the relationship of Tibet to the rest of China? Has there always been an animosity or is that a development that occured after Mao took power? It seems odd that Tibet would suddenly become an issue after the Revolution seeing how the land itself doesn't seem worth fighting over and my instincts are telling me there's more to this story that Mao 'liberating' Tibet from 'religious oppressors'.

I really don't know much about Tibet or its history so I'm going on nothing really..can someone try and clarify?

===== Kevin Dean Buffalo, NY ICQ: 8616001 http://www.yaysoft.com