House Passes Bankruptcy Bill- Majority of Dems vote No

Dennis Robert Redmond dredmond at efn.org
Fri Mar 2 03:58:14 PST 2001

On Thu, 1 Mar 2001, Nathan Newman wrote:

> I've always argued that you have to disagregate the Dems into its multiple
> factions, just as you have to look at coalition governments in Europe to
> distinguish left parties from their more moderate coalition allies.

Only problem is, even the Right-wing parties of Europe are, basically, social democrats (Germany's CDU would be denounced as raving Commies here in the US, for example). PR systems of representation and powerful unions have kept them pretty honest; no Europol in their right (or wrong) mind would dare to suggest junking universal health insurance, for example.

-- Dennis