Karl Rove - Bush Hit Man

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Fri Mar 2 07:30:34 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Steve Grube" <grube at ix.netcom.com>

>Just received my Mar 5th The Nation and the cover
>story is about Karl Rove one of the puppeteers
>behind 'w'. I got sucked into the story and was
>struck by the number of people out there who
>simply, completely fear Karl Rove for the dirty
>tricks he's pulled.

A friend of mine from college, who was an older student and had worked for the "ratfucking" dirty tricks Nixon operation back in 1972 (and was almost called to testify before Congress) knew Rove well back when they were both young Republican activists. My friend was obviously no saint, but even he thought Rove was a bottom-feeder of the worst kind. He supported McCain in the primaries to some extent just because he disliked Rove so much.

-- Nathan Newman