David Horowitz/reparations for slavery

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 2 12:54:59 PST 2001

Horowitz is a real piece of work, a total moral, absolutely irresponsible. I think it is worth debating the right to discredit them. I saw Chomsky turn Richard Perle into dogfood over the cold war in the 1980s; it was lovely. I have debated Pentagon hacks and even the Horowitz-like Michael Levin (a racist philosopher) myself. But I did not set up the Levin debate; I just participated in it. I would think carefully about giving H a stage, and I would make sure that his opponent could hammer him. Remember, H will say anything, use every sleazy trick, lie and insult; he has no regard for truth or decency, as the exchanges you quote exemplify. --jks