BK on Identity

JC Helary helary at eskimo.com
Fri Mar 2 13:10:53 PST 2001

Le Fri, Mar 02, 2001 a 04:56:53PM -0500, Dennis Breslin a ecrit:
> JC Helary wrote:
> >
> > there was a mention of 'psychological' benefits comming with this vertical
> > separation. i wonder what is meant here. what kind of benefits are associated
> > to hate, violence, sexual abuse ? i am no psy but i have the feeling the
> > psychological benefits refered to here are just a perverse way of satifying
> > frustrated desires associated with the capitalist division of labor.
> > everything that can't be satisfied under class exploitation is converted into
> > desire to oppress and thus the necessity to create an oppressed ???
> >
> > jc helary
>
> Hmmm...but are those who reap the riches of a capitalist division of
> labor,

<big snip>

this is why i mentioned sartre and capitalist explotation. as far as i know exploiters are not supposed to be frustrated. exploited are. and they are made to believe that it is because women/foreigners by the exploiters. i am sorry i only have such a simple (mis)understanding of all this, but i think that is pretty much what i wrote in my previous post. i do not deny that exploitation is rational. but if exploited understand its rationality (class consciousness) then they start moving rationaly. if they don't then they act irrationaly as racists/sexists. eploiters have a class consciousness and so they act rationally to exploit the most they can. if it were not the case there is no way we could have social science, there has to be some rationality somewhere and some attempt at hidding it.

jc helary