Norman Finkelstein & Germany's Ties To Israel

Johannes Schneider Johannes.Schneider at gmx.net
Mon Mar 5 10:44:34 PST 2001

> Johannes, has E. Nolte or any of the other hard right historians that
were
> involved in the "Historians Debate" in the 80's over German guilt and
"class
> genocide" made comments on Finkelstein's book? And, in the left-liberal,
> social democratic and radical left press, what are some (more) cites you
can
> give us.
> Michael Pugliese

Michael,

I am sorry that I can only give you a short answer (because I have to catch my train), but the collection at: http://www.crispinius.com/db_artikel-de-aktuell/Themen/Holocaust_Industrie_- _Finkelstein_-_Novick/ (seems my email client cannot handle long links, so lbo-ers will have to fix that manually) lists over 90 entries. It is almost impossible to keep track of the debatte. I personally do not anything by Ernst Nolte, but this does not mean much. For radical left you might check out daily junge welt at www.jungewelt.de and do a search. I remember an article by Klaus Bittermann who was sort of critical of Finkelstein appearance in Berlin.

Johannes