Governor Arnie?

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Tue Mar 6 06:01:24 PST 2001

At 02:40 AM 3/6/01 -0600, / dave / wrote:
>Kevin Robert Dean wrote:
>
> > Schwarzenegger Pondering Bid for Calif. Governor
>
>$50 says his pal and confidant, Governor Jesse Ventura, has been bending
>his ear...
>
>It's too bad Max Sawicky isn't on the list at the moment, because it'd
>be interesting to get his impressions of the Ventura tax reforms
>mentioned in the WSJ article.
>/ dave /

well, / dave /, i've listened to you complain bitterly about jesse the body over the years. i finally got a load of the guy the other day and i'm sorry, i'm deeply sorry. he was blabbering about the XFL. the rant went something like: "i thought unions are to protect people's jobs. but the NFL wouldn't let this guy play at the going salary. he wanted to play, for less. but the union rules wouldn't let him play for less. now how is that protecting jobs?" then he gushed about the XFL and how it wa s *for* the team, unlike the NFL and their unions. thing is: i don't think he was lying. i think he believed this.

this is populism? we're supposed to be glad people align themselves with this guy and vote for him? hey wot?

then he was asked about his wife who says she never knew how smart he was til he b/c guv. but, sez Jesse, i was smart enough to keep her away from the checkbook for years.

okeydokey