Bush-GOP to Wipe Out Ergonomic Protections for Workers

Peter K. peterk at enteract.com
Wed Mar 7 08:31:24 PST 2001

Nathan:
>controlled the majorities and the rules. So they ran it through the
>executive branch, one of the perks of controlling it which those who voted
>for Nader too easily dismissed.
>
>And workers will pay for it now, unless the Dems in the Senate can hold
>their folks and pull a GOP Senator or two to their side.

This is a straw man - or person rather. How can you be sure that those voting for Nader easily dismissed this "perk" of controlling the excutive branch? I understand you were responding to some criticisms of the Dems. Perhaps it really didn't matter whether or not one had reservations about voting for Nader. Likewise, it probably didn't matter that one had reservations about voting for Al "lost his home state" Gore. The vote weighed the same as any gung-ho DLCer.

It will be interesting to see whether or not the Dems can force through campaign finance reform legislation - within the next 10 days, right? I wonder if the Rich pardon scandal will have any bearing on how people vote. I wonder if Dan Burton feels he is whipping up support for campaign finance reform.

Peter