Muppets (was Re: BK on Identity)

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Mar 7 08:53:22 PST 2001

At 11:26 AM 3/7/01 -0500, Yoshie Furuhashi wrote:
>>>I treat nameless characters in anecdotes exchanged on e-lists as
>>>"muppets." I'm not against muppets, however, if they are used well.
>>>
>>>Yoshie
>>
>>i fail to understand what it has to do with what i typed?
>>
>>kelley
>
>Discussion on race & class tends to deteriorate when anecdotal muppets (my
>black neighbor, my black friend, etc.) appear. Let's stick to
>exploitation & other structural oppressions instead as you argued yourself.
>
>Yoshie

oh nonsense. charles asked me to join with people locally. i told him that most of the people around here were black, tho i did not say that these were the folks who didn't buy the events in florida as racists. noting that my neighbor doesn't believe that driving while black exists doesn't mean anything other than that i'm rejecting essentialism.

so, next time, tell it to a cushion.

kelley