Bush-GOP to Wipe Out Ergonomic Protections for Workers

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Wed Mar 7 14:48:39 PST 2001

At 12:24 PM 3/7/01 -0800, John Gulick wrote:

>Also, to echo a point made by another poster, a lot of people who voted for
>Nader were well aware that their votes might throw the election to Bush, and
>acknowledged that, in the short term at least, a Bush presidency would be more
>disastrous than a Gore presidency. Building an alternative to the Democratic
>Party requires making a clean break and inducing some short-term pain, and so
>on.

i'm going to bet the bottle of lagavullan that max owes me (and mark jones owes him) that next election, if the repukes keep it up, then the dipocrats will look golden and the bizzo about a clean break will be meaningless. which is not to say that i think we should support the dipocrats. rather, i just think that if y'all think that USers are going to come running in the arms of the left or Nader or a leftish third party, yer all nuttier than a squirrel's nest.

my dad's a hustler -- so watch out!
:)

kelley