Bush-GOP to Wipe Out Ergonomic Protections for Workers

Gary Ashwill gna at duke.edu
Wed Mar 7 16:48:52 PST 2001

on 3/7/01 6:36 PM, Nathan Newman at nathan at newman.org wrote:
> There is also the ghoulish hope that any delay in the vote may lead to Strom
> Thumond dying, which would shift control of the rules to the Democrats. In
> many ways, the office of Senate physician is now the most important
> information office in the Capitol at the moment.
>
> -- Nathan newman

So this is what we're reduced to, eh? Not that I'd be against Strom breathing his last fairly soon...he's had a nice full hundred-odd years, after all, belonging to both parties, managing to run for president as a third-party segregationist candidate AND receive praise from James Brown...so hoping for a gentle death, with loved ones at his bedside, could hardly be called ghoulish, could it?

Or we could just get Buffy to stake him.

:-)

Gary Ashwill