Still MORE leftist attacks on free speech?

Lisa & Ian Murray seamus at accessone.com
Thu Mar 8 14:18:09 PST 2001

> You can't believe the conservatives' version of events. I once particiapted
> in an anti-Jean Kirkpatrick demo at Michigan in 1988, where she was to
> receive an honorary degree. After much discussion, we decided NOT to be
> disruptive, but to politely show up at a talk sponsored by the department of
> poli sci with signs, let her talk, and ask tough questions in a civil way
> during the question session. (Very wimpy, I know.) She showed up, goggled,
> and fled. She didn't even give her talk. In the American Spectator, the
> National Review, and George F. Will's column, we learned that we had
> censored her with loud disruption, shouted her down, etc. It was not true;
> we hadn't. They lied. --jks
********

She may, repeat, may, have been drunk or hungover. She used to hang with Weinberger and he was pretty notorious in DC for guzzling. I saw her once staggering around on Georgetown U campus while on my route, she was blind drunk and didn't know where she was going [walking, mind you]. Anecdote to be sure, but I knew a co-worker whose dad worked in the Pentagon and experienced Weinberger in situations not unlike that Onion piece on Kissinger.

Ian