Still MORE leftist attacks on free speech?

Wojtek Sokolowski sokol at jhu.edu
Thu Mar 8 15:56:41 PST 2001

At 05:03 PM 3/8/01 -0500, Chuck0 wrote:
>The thing is, *I* have problems with the folks who disrupt these
>speeches by right wingers. Go organize your own event, for chrissakes.

Ditto. All that brouhaha only adds more publicity to this crap and in this game publicity is everything. All this reparation - counterraparations game is nothing but self serving symbol manipulators marketing their intellectual commodity.

BTW - freedom of speech is meaningful only if everyone has equall access to the means of mental production and distributions of ideas. Today, when the access to such means has been monopolized by a few corporate conglomerates, "freedom of speech" is akin to "free market" it means commodity producers (intellectual or otherwise) are not socially accountable for their product.

The Left has no promblem holding, say, Ford Motor Company accountable for their faulty Pinto or SUC (sports utility car) tires, but it gets scared of the "censorship" when holding intellectual commodity producers is at stake.

Be consistent - in that contaxt social accountablity (even if labeled "censorship") is not a bad thing.

wojtek