Dellums (was Re: BK on Identity)

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Mon Mar 5 14:55:05 PST 2001

Well, this really doesn't address your point, Michael, (and the only 'ideological test' for the Ron Dellumses of the world is: when are you going to leave the Democratic Party?), but....

I'd simply have a lot more respect for the guy if he'd ask to have his name removed from Oaklands' relatively brand spanking new "Ronald Dellums Federal Building". (They may be rolling back the social welfare state, but they're putting up gleaming new Fed buildings! And naming them after progressives!). I mean, the guy's still alive (right?), for christsakes.

See what I mean about The Party of Self-Flattery, aka The Party of Low Self-Esteem?

Oh, and these people don't like being "disrespected" in this way, as Clinton made clear to Amy Goodman in his 'Democracy Now' interview right before the election.

-Brad Mayer Oakland, CA