Norman Finkelstein & Germany's Ties to Israel

C. G. Estabrook galliher at alexia.lis.uiuc.edu
Fri Mar 9 08:20:04 PST 2001

Norman Finkelstein writes as follows:

The issue of the total figure for ex-Jewish slave-laborers still alive bears on the Jewish Claims Conference's negotiations with Germany. The Claims Conference put forth the figure of 140,000 ex-Jewish slave-laborers still alive, and claimed that 700,000 Jewish slave-laborers survived the war. These figures are sheer nonsense and amount to Holocaust denial. The issue of ex-Jewish slave-laborers also bears on the agreement with the Swiss banks. They are supposed to be compensated in one of two "slave labor" classes. (There is a separate class for those who worked at Swiss enterprises.) ...