World 'equity culture' at risk

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Fri Mar 9 08:30:22 PST 2001

Daniel Davies wrote:

>--- kelley <kwalker2 at gte.net> wrote: > At 05:59 PM
>>

>> well fuckmedead! did anyone ever type in
>> www.lbo.com? obviously doug
>> has. ya get freaking Capital.com!! you oughtta
>> sue for squatting doug! heh.
>> Capital.com 'is a business marketplace where premier
>> financial institutions
>> compete to provide capital and financial services."
>> shit!
>
>sadly, among these financial services would be the
>financing and structuring of Leveraged Buy-Outs, which
>is what most people in the financial industry think of
>when they hear the letters "LBO". What people see
>when they type the letters "LBO" into google, however,
>is Ohio's "Legislative Budget Office", a Belgian media
>company called LBO, and then the page advertising
>lbo-talk, which weirdly is indexed higher than the lbo
>site itself. There is only one leveraged buy-out link
>in the top ten, which suggests that on this front, at
>least, the struggle may be making progress.

Years ago, lbo.com was registered to a design firm in Boston, the Left Bank Organization, that wasn't using it. They refused to give it up. I missed the expiration of their claim by a few days, and the evil capitalists got it.

I tried to get lbo.tv, but this is identified as a potentially valuable domain that someone's sitting on - I could get it for a mere $1,000.

Doug