Good Riddance

kelley kwalker2 at gte.net
Fri Mar 9 11:05:40 PST 2001

At 10:20 AM 3/9/01 -0800, Brad DeLong wrote:

>I don't loathe my students when they don't do their work.
>
>I guess you are right. We don't have anything in common.
>

>Brad DeLong

and we probably shouldn't loathe one another when each of us expresses feelings and attitudes that are deeply rooted in the social relations of a capitalist economy. not loathing your students, being disgusted and upset with them, loathing professors that sometimes forget to engage in a more nuanced analysis of the problems we encounter as professors -- all of these are expressions of the fucked up world we live in. maybe we should cut one another and ourselves some slack once in awhile eh?