Horowitz/Reparations for slavery

Brad Mayer concrete at dnai.com
Wed Mar 7 11:04:11 PST 2001

Well, like I said, it's really none of my business. There's so much out there, I can't assume anything about what's coming at me.

> i wasn't speaking FOR him. i was interpreting what i thought he'd said to
> someone who also thought he could interpret what he thought art had said
> and, as a consequence of that interpretation, say something extremely
> controversial and substanceless.
>
> i hope my post to Leo will further explain why i stepped in and why i made
> the analogy to something left men typically feel less confiden or even
> concerned to speak about in any serious way and where they wouldn't be
> quite so offended.

No you didn't - I called myself that, in some ontological sense of the word.

> finally, i don't believe i called you racist or sexist. as to that issue,
> i will simply say this

Different it certainly is. I think Yoshie has done a pretty good ...(heh, heh, I won't say JOB :-) (it's more like a sysiphsian labor) arguing a point of view I could accept. So I will confine myself to my own subjective exposes of how dumb-ass some white workers can be. Real life experiences. To be posted later. Promises, promises.

-Brad Mayer

> no one, here, would deny that they are racist or sexist
> but that is different from engaging in a debate over whether or not a post
> or perspective is racist or sexist. we should always be able to discuss
> whether or not x or y argument is racist or sexist -- fully aware that we
> won't agree. assertions of racism or sexism (which i never made)
shouldn't