Balancing the Japanese economy down

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Sat Mar 10 04:33:38 PST 2001

Beaut post, Dennis. I couldn't believe the cheek of the Yanks on the public debt issue, either. Seeing as how I believe we're all more likely to cop a depression than not, I rather hope it gets sheeted home to those hypocritical Wall St parasites rather than Japan's keiretsuist parasites (we live in a world where your choice ios between parasites, I s'pose). Anyway, ain't a rather flash new westernised neoliberal favoured to take over from Japan's unpopular PM? And ain't he bent on the radical Anglo-Saxonisation of the Japanese finance system? And ain't Yen likely to leave Wall St to fill the spectacular bad-debt holes we're gonna find in the Japanese finance system? And ain't that gonna expose America's CAD and pressure Greenspan to hike greenback-protecting rates at the same time?

Or not?

Cheers, Rob.