take back the net

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Sat Mar 10 05:32:21 PST 2001

G'day Carl,

>... resulting in Capitalist Spongiform Encephalopathy, or mad investor
>disease,

... or, as Tom Walker once called it over at Pen-L, Mad Dow Disease.

>symptomized by rapid dwindling of animal spirits and causing bulls
>in the millions to stagger around and die.

Now there's a video I'd rent! Hope they have sidewalk cam ...

Anyway, funny how they think they can get away with a plea to engage in e-commerce with that 'Take Back The Net' warcry. Surely, even in America, most net usage would be free-net-surfing and e-mail? Most Americans wouldn't associate a bot of a dot-com die-off with their own rights and interests, would they? Surely not?

? Rob.