reparations & exploitation

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Sat Mar 10 18:12:37 PST 2001

I disagree, Kelly. I think differential pay is fine, as long as everyone has enough. This view is virtually universally shared among working people, as far as I knwo, and I _don't_ think this is bourgeois ideology. Moreover, it's important that we be able to give people incentives to do kinds of work we want done that they might not otherwise do, that we do reward effort and acheivement, and that we get some sense of what it costs us to have people do the various things they do. I don't say the labor market in capitalsim does this very well. But I don't think everyone should receive the same income regardless of the value of their work (or lack of it) to society. --jks