reparations & exploitation

Jordan Hayes jmhayes at j-o-r-d-a-n.com
Sat Mar 10 18:24:07 PST 2001

> i think of the issue you raise, often, because
> i'm a workaholic, and there are always slackers around that drive me
> insane. but what is that about anyway? dump them if they're a waste since
> everyone else can do most of the work. so then we get to unemploy
> them? this will help?

A lot of good ideas die because they run out of money. They run out of money because managers don't, leaders don't, planners don't, and resources get misallocated.

> if it's the case that there is deadwood, and firms
> are wasting 3 million, then spread that capital baby and enter utopia! :)

All that extra money, the only thing that it accomplished was to push housing costs in the Bay Area out of reach for everyone :-)

/jordan