Still MORE leftists attacks on free speech?

Chuck Grimes cgrimes at tsoft.com
Sun Mar 11 01:00:52 PST 2001

``Yesterday is was really cool because Thursday, a bunch of high school teachers brought their 9th grade classes to the affirmative action rally (which is kind of stupid. the government shouldn't enforce political positions) and 14 year olds often have maturity issues. So a lot of them took off and then went and looted the same shoestore across from Sproul plaza that the out of control fraternity party looted (along with the Gap, mr rags) three months ago. They also beat up a couple employees. The news helicopters were dispatched immediately and got some good footage. And so today, the #1 story on several stations was 'live on the scene' from the Berkeley BART station where the monthly critical mass was taking off, and they were interspersing images of the kids yesterday and interviewing shopkeepers shutting up early because violence and looting was imminent....

...I kept wondering when he was going to actually start speaking because he was clearly enjoying yelling at the relatively small number who were yelling and cursing at him. Then a homeless guy went to the front and mooned him. The photographer mentioned earlier and some of the college republicans were photoing people and screaming to call the police (more promotion of free speech). The police were already there in the back sort of laughing.'' Christine Peterson

Thanks Christine. Us Bezerkelites need the affirmation, that yes, things are still okay. The helicopter shot on the local news was pretty good. Funny that I have to read about it through e-mail and watch it on tv, even though I live three blocks away.

What non-locals probably don't realize is that looting the franchises on Telegraph is a ritual. Bomb Iraq, burn a forest in Brazil, or a staff enrichment day at the local public schools, whatever---looting the franchises is the answer.

You'll notice that Bank of America on Tele and Wells Fargo on Bancroft both have decorative concrete and brick facades, no glass, and semi-hidden roll up steel doors above their entrances---secondary level blast doors for fast deployment.

I love the idea that even the homeless around here can get it together enough to moon Ayn Rand.

Chuck Grimes