The Internot

Rob Schaap rws at comedu.canberra.edu.au
Sun Mar 11 08:04:52 PST 2001

Beeyewdiful, James! The cappos (and all too many aspiring cappos) forgot a 'C' is supposed to go between the 'M' and the 'M1', and we're all gonna cop the consequences. If there's anything at all exceptional about the 'information age', it's that information is a bugger of a thing to make a quid out of, especially if enough of it doesn't go into the 'C' bit, and especially if clever blokes like you keep pumping out the good stuff for nought. As for the rest of the 'information society', I fear we're for the same sort of trajectory as trodden before us by 'the railroad society' and 'the electricity society' - only with a lot more environmental stress about than pertained then ...

Cheers, Rob.