reparations & exploitation

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 09:49:48 PST 2001

Sure, but how big the incentives should be is an empirical question in part. Rawls suggests that inequalities of income are justified if they improve the well being of the least well off. Would you consider it a reason to licence greater differentials if experience showed that allowing, say, 100% differentials made a significant positive difference to those on the bottom? --jks