Taft-Hartley

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 12 20:00:40 PST 2001

>It's a real shame that organized labor is such a wimp. Would be nice to
>see the machinists going ahead with their strike, in effect giving the
>Bush adminsitration the middle finger. The airlines and the Bushies
>might have some success bad-mouthing the machinists, but I think the
>mood of the population has changed since the PATCO strike.

Right, but illegal strikes are costly--literally. A federal judge nearly bankrupted the AA pilot's union over a a job actioon he enjoined last year. US labor law is so great--no damages for workers fucked by unfair labor practices, but if unions violate the law and cost the boss profits, they can be made to pay. Did Nathan's Dems do anything about that when they had the power? --jks _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com