Reich: Dem Party "dead"

Bob Morris bobmorris at mediaone.net
Tue Mar 13 00:13:02 PST 2001

>The leadership by Gephardt and Daschle is not as
verbally strong as it could

>But what's their agenda? It looks like Bush lite so
far.

No one has mentioned electoral reform yet, and barely mentioned campaign finance reform. The Dems seem oddly asleep.

Molly Ivins "Shrub" is a good read. After reading it, I decided Dubya is just another Clinton, a centrist triangulating politician, with no "there" there.

I agree with Reich. The Democratic Party has abandoned virtually everything it used to stand for.