Check out Boston Review: Realizing Labor Standards

Gregory Geboski ggeboski at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 08:09:42 PST 2001

I gave up long ago on Boston Review and its exhaustive/exhausting liberal-wonkish musings; the column inches filled were invariably out of proportion to the narrowness and general timidity of the mused-upon reforms, given the demands of the historical moment. But I checked out this suggestion, hoping they may have changed, and, well...

I think one can save time by reading just one essay, by Mark Levinson, helpfully titled "Wishful Thinking":

http://bostonreview.mit.edu/BR26.1/levinson.html

But I recommend following the link to the interview with Paco Taibo. Thanks for the pointer.

----Original Message Follows---- From: LeoCasey at aol.com Reply-To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com To: lbo-talk at lists.panix.com Subject: Check out Boston Review: Realizing Labor Standards Date: Mon, 12 Mar 2001 12:29:34 EST

<A HREF="http://bostonreview.mit.edu/BR26.1/fung.html">Click here: Boston Review: Realizing Labor Standards</A>

Realizing Labor Standards How transparency, competition, and sanctions could improve working conditions worldwide.

By Archon Fung, Dara O'Rourke, and Charles Sabel