reparations & exploitation

Carl Remick carlremick at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 13 17:21:44 PST 2001

>Personally, I think this talk of equalization of compensation if petty
>bourgeois idealism; workers don't want it; Marx rejected it. It's liberal
>guilt. ...
>
>--jks

I don't feel particularly liberal or guilty. It's axiomatic with me that social justice requires a commitment to equal outcomes and that, in turn, requires that compensation be awarded equally to every individual in society. If some people turn out to be slackers under such a system, that's fine with me; ostracism would probably incline them to mend their ways, and even if it didn't, I think most people would be bound by a sense of mutual obligation to keep the economy viable.