Reich: Dem Party "dead"

Brad Mayer bradley.mayer at ebay.sun.com
Tue Mar 13 09:57:51 PST 2001

Actually, Reich and Morris are both wrong. As I suggested in a previous post, the Dems aren't dead, they are "undead", and are to be dealt with accordingly :-)

And partisans of the Democratic party such as Nathan Newman have a vital reason for working against us recondites here on LBO - they _know_ that we - few in number as we are - hold the balance in general Presidential and many statewide elections, as the Nader campaign just showed. That is a power we should never cease to use.

This explains the apparent absurdity of Nathans' position here on LBO, where he must spend so many cycles telling us how silly, insignificant and "ideological" we are, and how much he'd rather be hobnobbing with "really important people" like Democratic party bigshots. But there is nothing silly about Nathan's role - not at all.

In fact, the Nathan Newmans' of the world play a vitally important role in the preservation of their Party: that of a frontier gendarme against the independent Left. Like Custers' 7th Cavalry, they ride to keep us on our assigned reservations. Embedded within our ranks, they can also play the role of informant on us to their Party.

There is only one thing we need say to these: We are out to _destroy_ your Party. End of discussion

-Brad Mayer Oakland, Ca