Reich: Dem Party "dead"

Nathan Newman nathan at newman.org
Tue Mar 13 13:58:30 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa & Ian Murray" <seamus at accessone.com>

>Don't you mean their funders? When was the last time the Republicrats did
>anything to seriously piss off their big sponsors?

How about Clinton passing the ergonomic standards over the howls of protest of big business and 90% of Dems voting against big business in voting to uphold them?

I never maintain that Dems don't bend to corporate pressure and that a swing vote of conservative Dems are often at the call of business, but the vast majority of Dems vote on issues like ergonomics in ways that just don't fit the simplistic Republicrat analysis.

What bothers me most about all that rhetoric is that it seems like an excuse for a lot of folks just not to think seriously about politics.

-- Nathan Newman