Tax and Asset Question

christian11 at mindspring.com christian11 at mindspring.com
Tue Mar 13 14:57:20 PST 2001

For tax questions, you could see http://www.irs.gov/prod/tax_stats/index.html.

And for assets/wealth: http://www.irs.gov/prod/tax_stats/soi/soi_bul.html.

The latter has recent income tax return stats in a file on that page, and stats on wealth from 92-95 as well. I'm sure there are other secondary sources that have done the math on these, too.

Doug referred to a report from the Federal Reserve that discussed wealth distribution. I looked on the site and couldn't find it. Doug?

Christian

lbo-talk at lists.panix.com wrote:
> Hello all;

Can someone point me to a web site or sites that gives asset distribution in the US (i.e. top 1% owns 40% of assets etc.) and the tax burden distribution (i.e. top 1% pays 33% of taxes or whatever it is.)

Ken