doctors union

qualiall_2 at yahoo.com qualiall_2 at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 13 15:33:34 PST 2001

There was some talk recently about doctors and rural life (idiocy, ect) and that reminded me of a story I heard on NPR a while back on a debate on whether or not doctors should be allowed to form unions.

Anyway, this is in Realaudio format, so you need realplayer to listen...

NPR's Patricia Neighmond reports on the American Medical Association's decision this week to form a national union. After a heated debate at its annual convention in Chicago this week, the AMA voted to develop local bargaining units for doctors who work for the state, local and federal government or health plans, hospitals and universities. (3:20)

http://www.npr.org/ramfiles/me/19990624.me.05.ram

KRD