Fw: Mass Direct Action in India Planned

Joe R. Golowka joeG at ieee.org
Tue Mar 13 18:54:06 PST 2001

----- Original Message ----- From: "Lisa & Ian Murray" <seamus at accessone.com>
> Brad's not oppressed Joe. Repressed, maybe, but defintitely not oppressed.

Everyone in this society is oppressed. We are bombarded by thousands of corporate advertisements attempting to control our minds, we are forced into gender roles, we are taught from a young age to obey authority, and, unless you happen to be a capitalist (or live in a commune or work for a cooperative), we must sell our labor to others and thus be exploited. Anyone who has to obey the orders of someone else is oppressed.

Joe R. Golowka JoeG at ieee.org Anarchist FAQ - http://www.anarchistfaq.org

"According to the libertarian litany, if an industry or an institution is making a profit, it is satisfying "wants" whose origins and content are deliberately disregarded. But what we want, what we are capable of wanting is relative to the forms of social organization. People "want" fast food because they have to hurry back to work, because processed supermarket food doesn't taste much better anyway, because the nuclear family (for the dwindling minority who have even that to go home to) is too small and too stressed to sustain much festivity in cooking and eating -- and so forth. It is only people who can't get what they want who resign themselves to want more of what they can get. Since we cannot be friends and lovers, we wail for more candy." - Bob Black