Fw: Mass Direct Action in India Planned

Gordon Fitch gcf at panix.com
Wed Mar 14 07:07:27 PST 2001

Brad DeLong wrote:
> >I don't know about you, but I just don't feel like cooking tonight.
> >And I can have a lot more festivity in cooking and eating by
> >stopping at Uncle Yu's on the way home...

Doug Henwood:
> Ah, yes, immigrant labor provides a market-based replacement for the
> formerly unpaid household labor of women. Festivity can take so many
> forms!

We know that, after the revolution, we will like stawberries, but it has not been explained how we will eat them. Will unstressed, expanded non-nuclear families be provided? Will the immigrants be part of them? What will happen to Uncle Yu, who formerly smoked cigarettes and muttered with suspicious persons in the back of the den?

"When people are happy, festivities are unnecessary."

-- St. Quentin Crisp