LBO-Talk March 2001: queries

Joanna Sheldon cjs10 at cornell.edu
Wed Mar 14 17:27:06 PST 2001

At 17:07 13-03-01, you wrote:
>The writer could just as easily have said, "Our problem isn't just that we
>can't sell chips to Desktop PC makers; even the business market for new
>network servers has been dwindling."
>
>Peter Kosenko

The writer would have lost her job. If you put "driving" and "spreading" and "server space" in a sentence that's actually talking about the collapse of a market you attenuate the sense of impending disaster in the listener/reader.

I like the perspective Carl put on it.

Here's some more new jargon for y'all.

"The index provides access to the content pages within the web site. Use the menu to the left to navigate the content store structure and view the files within each content store."

From Brain Ranger (http://www.brainranger.com/), whose "mission is to clear organizations of InfoSmog, that all too common condition where workers are lost in a haze of information".

Joanna

www.overlookhouse.com