[Fwd: [BRC-NEWS] Black Dealers and Junkie White Girls]

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 14 20:30:04 PST 2001

>And still, women in films like Requiem and Traffic are
>perceived to be incapable of making drug decisions
>rationally or managing occasional recreational drug use.
>Celluloid stories continue to treat the issue as though
>personal decline and the damage are horribly inevitable for
>any woman who dares to break the law where drug use is
>concerned.

I found the portrayal of the relation between white upper class druggie teen girls and big dick black male drug thugs in Traffic very troubling--I haven't seen Requiem--but in fairness to traffic, the Drug Czar's wife is explicitly represented as a woman who used drugs recreationally and extensively in her youth, and hasn't ended up an addict or a prostitute. --jks _________________________________________________________________ Get your FREE download of MSN Explorer at http://explorer.msn.com