Zaps & freepers

Doug Henwood dhenwood at panix.com
Thu Mar 15 09:16:56 PST 2001

[bounced bec of an address oddity]

Date: Thu, 15 Mar 2001 07:06:04 -0500 (Eastern Standard Time) From: David Jennings <djenning at arches.uga.edu> To: <lbo-talk at lists.panix.com>

On Wed, 14 Mar 2001 Leslilake1 at aol.com wrote:

> And now, another eyewitness report from a Free Republic poster who also was
> supposedly at the zap rally...shades of Rashomon...

<snip>vicious FR junk</snip>

> Eyewitness report from a Japanese friend on zap's arrival in mexico city:

<snip>more stuff</snip>

My sister lives in the city of Celaya, in the state of Guanajuato in the Bajio region. Deep Fox country. She tells me that the consensus on the street (or her street anyway) is that Marcos and the Zaps are not giving Fox a fair shake in negotiating peace. On the other hand, everyone is excited by the caravan, and this in the what may be the most conservative place in Mx. The Free Republic poster is full of crap. Mx is still in a post-PRI honeymoon, something that works to the zaps' and Fox's advantage as far as popularity goes. It won't last, of course.

-david