men more aggressive, women more emotional...

joanna bujes joanna.bujes at ebay.sun.com
Thu Mar 15 11:20:42 PST 2001

Chuck writes:

"Beauty bares no resemblance to any stereotype, precisely because a stereotype is completely and comfortably known. And, since post-modern theorists specialize in hermetic figurations of known narratives and images, the question of what is beautiful never occurs. It has been erased in advance."

Yes. Haven't quite thought about it in that way, but one reason I _was_ deeply disturbed by post-modern theory (when exposed to it in grad school) was what I sensed to be its deeply conservative nature: nothing new was actually possible.

Joanna