Anti-Semitism and Anti-Globalization

Shane T Taylor s-t-t at juno.com
Sun Mar 18 18:59:48 PST 2001

Chuck0 writes:

> Michael Dolan and Lori Wallach hardly qualify as the anti-globalization
> movement. I'm pretty involved in this movement and haven't anything
> in the way of anti-semitisim or right wing ideas.

Though I think Chip has legitimate concerns, mainly with the Naderites, I have to say I've run into more Neo-Malthusians than right-wingers. This may be anecdotal, but with local Greens and "anti-globalization" activists there have been some rather chilling overpopulation fanatics. I'm still getting spammed for questioning one "close the borders, save the planet" crank. Am I completely wrong to be using Amartya Sen <http://mthwww.uwc.edu/wwwmahes/courses/geog/malthus/sen_NYR.htm> in trying to make sense of all this?

-- Shane

________________________________________________________________ GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO! Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less! Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.