adjunct pay whine

Justin Schwartz jkschw at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 20 19:55:33 PST 2001

> >> Every TA I ever had grumbled like you do. I'm sure every TA you
> >> had did too.
> >
> > If you've ever taught a class, Jordan, or done any kind of grunt-level
> > service job, you would know why they (and we) grumble: it's difficult,
> > exhausting, mentally taxing work.

Whine, whine. Teaching is fun. If you don't think so, you should quit grad school. After all, teaching as a prof isn't that different from teaching as a TA, just better paid. It's part of what the job entails, even if promotion isn't based on teaching except at research schools. I loved teaching, except for baby logic, both as a TA and as a prof. Not that it helped me in the end.