Current Downturn???

mike mike1947_02446 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 21 05:33:02 PST 2001

Whats peoples thoughts for the prognosis of the intermediate term of the economy. Is the 70% drop in the NASDAQ due to a economic bursting bursting or do they mirror some more important long term secular trend. Is the accumulated levels of consumer debt necessitating forced savings and is this causing considerable problems on the demand end of the economy? Has the redistribution of wealth upward starved spending in the economy and are we going back to the usual pattern of more money for the top 1%, stagnation for everyone else. Is foreign investment drying up because of better opportunities elesewhere producing considerable capital outflows? I Is the high real interest rates starving investment? What are the positive economic signs in the intermediate term for preconditions for meliorating the skewed distribution of wealth or the immanent decline into recession.

--mike -------------- next part -------------- An HTML attachment was scrubbed... URL: <../attachments/20010321/f26a6493/attachment.htm>